[tl-lenses] TL Design Lenses This Monday, May 2, 5PM EDT
Ward, Lynn E.
leward at iupui.edu
Fri Apr 29 07:25:42 PDT 2011
We will be holding our regularly scheduled Design Lenses meeting this Monday from 5-6PM EDT. We're back to using the Marist audio bridge for these meetings. Call instructions are provided at the bottom of this message.
Last week we had a good discussion about future directions for the lenses group and two recommendations were made:
* At the LA conference, we should try to find a way to engage the Sakai OAE leadership and project team in discussions about how the community can actively contribute to the project; Josh may try to pull something together
* For the next several weeks, Jon Hays will be facilitating the Design Lenses meetings, focusing on T&L functionality that is slated to be developed after the June v. 1.0 release. As a URG member, Jon is positioned to take functional input from his campus and our design lenses group back to the OAE project team. Jon and I haven't had a chance to touch base yet, but one of us will provide more details about the topic for Monday's meeting soon. In the meantime, you may want to take a look at slide 62 of the following set of slides, which outline the functionality to be delivered in v 1.0. The final slide (slide 62) summarize the work to be accomplished between June and the end of September 2011. (see https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=0AcWo3x4dK8DIZGY4bWc0eHNfM2o5bXJjZmY5&hl=en&authkey=CIrSrewF).
Also, for those of you who are interested in the latest OAE developments, I suggest taking a quick tour of the Sakai nightly server (http://sakai3-demo.uits.indiana.edu:8080/dev/directory2.html). Click Sign up, create an account, and you'll be immediately signed in. The OAE user interface has been completely overhauled. I am incredibly impressed with the simplicity and elegance of the new designs—at the moment the underlying capabilities are not significantly different, but the presentation and navigation is, in my opinion, so much more intuitive and attractive. Once you start digging deeper, you'll encounter legacy screens, but I imagine these will be changing in the future as well. You should also expect to encounter lots of bugs—this is a nightly QA server and all f the code is hot off the presses, so it's likely to be very unstable.
Clickable design prototypes on which this new work is based can be downloaded from Confluence.
* v1 General<https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/download/attachments/71895917/S106_Prototype_v02.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1302133528000>
* <https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/download/attachments/71895917/S106_Prototype_v02.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1302133528000> v1 Content<https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/download/attachments/71895917/S106_Prototype_Content.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1302134027000>
* <https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/download/attachments/71895917/S106_Prototype_Content.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1302134027000> v1 Users<https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/download/attachments/71895917/S106_Prototype_Users.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1302134027000>
Together these resources provide a glimpse of a very exciting future for Sakai OAE.
Dial 1-888-447-7153 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-888-447-7153 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970
Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst, Academic and Faculty Services
University Information Technology Services<http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 225D)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713 E-mail: leward at iupui.edu<mailto:leward at iupui.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tl-lenses