Bug Bash - Tuesday, August 30th
kentfitz at umich.edu
Mon Aug 29 10:23:20 PDT 2011
Hello everyone, we'll be holding a bug bash tomorrow (Tuesday, August 30th) at the time listed below and you are invited to attend.
August 30th: 09:30-10:30
Eastern Daylight Time
August 30th: 12:30-13:30
August 20th: 17:30-18:30
I will send out a reminder several hours before the scheduled start with confirmation of the bash and any additional details.
If you are interested in attending, the protocol will be the same as bashes that have occurred previously, which you can find below.
What's a bug bash? It's an hour of your time, spent with your peers, working to find bugs in OAE. Simply, we get a bunch of people together at one time to bash the product around. We'll have a common server to log onto, an IRC session to that we can use to communicate, and the goal is to log as many Jiras as possible. Please make it a priority to attend and contribute - for the project team, this takes priority over all other project work.
You'll need the following before the bash:
1. Your favorite browser and an internet connection.
2. An account on Jira so that you can log bugs. Most people should have this already. Jira instructions below if you need them.
3. Ability to log onto IRC. We'll taking over the developer channel for this hour: #sakai on irc.freenode.net<http://irc.freenode.net/>. IRC instructions below if you need them.
*****4. Clear your browser cache.*****
Log on here http://qa20-us.sakaiproject.org:8080/.
What to Look For
Anything is fair game, but try to do the following items:
1. Find contacts and communicate with them.
2. Create groups and pages, add content, and share with contacts.
3. Add widgets/goodies to your pages.
4. Update your profile information.
5. Find a buddy and test permissions on content.
Where to Log Jiras
1. Go to http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAKIII.
2. Log in
3. Click: Create issue in project Sakai 3 UI Dev
4) Select Bug
3. Be as clear as possible in your report.
Here's info on creating Jiras: <http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Sakai+3+QA+-+Reporting+a+bug+in+Jira> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Sakai+3+QA+-+Reporting+a+<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Sakai+3+QA+-+Reporting+a+bug+in+Jira>bug<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Sakai+3+QA+-+Reporting+a+bug+in+Jira>+in+Jira<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Sakai+3+QA+-+Reporting+a+bug+in+Jira>
Screenshots are very helpful, please use freely.
Extra Instructions for those who need them
1. Add a Jira account here: [http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/Signup!default.jspa].
2. If you don't have an IRC client, the easiest thing to do is this:
b. Nickname: something that helps us to know who you are.
c. Channels: #sakai
Then just join the conversation.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sakai-ui-dev