SOAE Daily Notes 8-9 August 2011
alanmarks at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Aug 9 15:48:43 PDT 2011
When I refer to risk of taking a fix at this stage of a release, I mean
determining the risk of regressions and new bugs being introduced and
weighing that risk against the potential benefit of the fix and of course
the impact on the schedule. Any time code changes, there is the potential
for unintended consequences, and depending on the magnitude and complexity
of the change, we need to build in appropriate time for testing the fix as
I appreciate (really!) that you are working on this fix as best as you can,
but as we're trying to be date focused (this Monday 8/15), and as you can't
give an ETA, it's hard for us to plan on taking it. In addition, I think
that we would want to do a good deal of testing after taking this fix, and
so that additional time makes it even more difficult.
To be really clear - no decision has been made as to if KERN-1957 will be in
the 1.0 release of OAE. We'll decide when we need to based on the above
That said, if we can't wait for KERN-1957, I would not be surprised if we
needed to cut a 1.01 release soon after 1.0 that would include it.
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Ian Boston <ieb at tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> AFAIK There are 2 blockers against Sparse Map Content 1.0. KERN-1957 and
> KERN-2138, KERN-2138 is simple to fix and will be done today. It was just
> waiting 24h for community approval, now passed. KERN-1957 is more serious
> and I have been working on it for over a week now, with a number of threads
> on list, but other priorities are preventing me from making progress. It
> will be fixed as soon as I can do it.
> I cant release Sparse Map Content 1.0 without these blockers fixed. (thats
> why they are blockers)
> You can take 1.0-SNAPSHOT of sparse Map content as a captured snapshot but
> IMHO, I would not run in production for anything other than small pilot
> without these fixed, so I think your wording about risk is the wrong way
> round.... unless you meant risk about missing your release deadline, then
> the wording is the right way round.
> On 9 August 2011 04:04, Alan Marks <alanmarks at sakaifoundation.org> wrote:
>> - We also have one Sparse Content issue that we're watching:
>> KERN-2138. We will need to decide on when it's ready if we can take it for
>> the managed project. The decision depends on the timing of the fix and the
>> risk to take it.
> sakai-ui-dev mailing list
> sakai-ui-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org
Sakai OAE Project Director
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sakai-ui-dev