[WG: Sakai QA] QA 2.7.0 Compatability list.
stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Nov 19 10:26:47 PST 2009
I think we should QA against mysql 5.1, being the current GA release in the 5.x series, and the mysql version most likely to be selected by new adopters.
On the browser list, I think we should aim to have some QA coverage with webkit browsers (specifically Safari), and consider dropping IE6 from QA, unless there are specific offers to do QA with IE6 from institutions that need to continue supporting it.
>>> "Berg, A.M." <A.M.Berg at uva.nl> 11/19/2009 8:03 PM >>>
Dear Management, QA and Dev list,
The QA process for 2.7 is starting and we need to pin down the server testing environments for this round. The list below represents the consensus opinion of the release management WG. Unless there is a reasoned opinion against these recommendations, for operational timing reasons we will test Sakai 2.7 as follows:
1. OS: contingent on stock of available QA servers (historically Solaris, Linux (RHEL, openSuse, Ubuntu, zLinux), Win 2008)
2. JVM: Java 1.6 compiled with compatibility flags as David Haines has suggested
3. Servlet Containers: Tomcat: 5.5.28, Websphere 6.1
Note: Tomcat 5.5.27+ enforces strict quote escaping which creates issues for certain Sakai JSF-based tools (e.g. OSP). We recommend that these issues be addressed in 2.7.0 so that deployers will not be required to modify their JVM settings with -Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false.
4. Databases: HSQLDB 126.96.36.199, MySQL 5.0, Oracle 9i and 10g, DB2 9.1
5. Browsers: latest versions of Firefox and IE (including the newest beta) and also IE 6 onwards
Interim QA Director - The Sakai Foundation
Senior Developer / Quality Assurance
Group Education and Research Services
Central Computer Services
University of Amsterdam
More information about the sakai-qa