[Announcements] Sakai 2.8.0 Release status update
May, Megan Marie
mmmay at indiana.edu
Fri Apr 1 07:22:08 PDT 2011
On behalf of the Release Management team & Sakai Technical Coordination Committee I am writing you to let you know that the Sakai 2.8.0 release is now anticipated to occur in the 3rd week of April. The release of IE9 highlighted some incompatibilities with the FCKeditor that the software could not be released with. To address these issues, a patch has been written that will set IE to run in compatibility mode  and is the same approach the community took when IE8 was initially released.
The anticipated release date is April 13th with the following activities occurring:
* April 1 Release Candidate 4 created
* April 8 QA Testing through the 8th
* April 8-11 Formal vote on release readiness by Sakai 2 TCC
* April 11 Release artifact generated
* April 11-13 Release artifacts tested
* April 13 Aim to release Sakai 2.8.0 by this date
Sakai 2 TCC Chair
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the announcements